Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fake School Day




Blouse from Urban Outfitters, Skirt from F21, Casio watch from American Apparel, Necklace from Urban Outfitters, Shoes (not pictured) thrifted.

Yesterday I got up earlier than I had to so that I could meet up with my friends and check out the Temple Street Fair, which is an event that my school hosts outside of our buildings showcasing all of our clubs and programs (AKA free food & candy galore). But to my disappointment, I was mistaken and it's actually next week. I didn't have class until 5:30 pm, so I just hung around with my friends in the caf and made a scene. I got an email just before my class saying that it was canceled. So, I basically made the commute all the way to school for nothing. I didn't even really care though because my friends are so hilarious and I love spending time with them.

It's weird being in school and not living on campus but I love it. I feel a lot more mature, waking up early and being out all day and then coming home and cooking dinner for myself. It's such a satisfying feeling. It does get lonely at times though, but my friends are lovely and only live a few minutes away. I plan on taking pictures of my place once my room is complete. I can't wait I just love it so much.

Another thing I feel the need to talk about is autumn! Can I just get an AMEN for the end of summer and the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year?! Ever since I was little I have hated summer, kids looked at me like I was insane. Nothing is fun about it. It's hot and humid, I don't like the water, mosquitoes attack you, and I'm dehydrated all the time. But autumn on the other hand is perfect in every way. It's not too cold, but it's chilly enough for layering sweaters and collared shirts. You can wear boots and scarves and hats. You can light candles and not feel like you're suffocating. Not to mention, all of the wonderful food that comes around this time of the year. I just wish I could move somewhere where it is autumn all year long. That would be my utopia. The first day of fall is September 23rd, you best believe I'll be celebrating by wearing a chunky knit and eating apple crisp.

Have a lovely day.

No comments: